Every month, thousands of drivers are issued traffic citations in McHenry County. And everyday, I see people go to traffic court on their own and cost themselves money, a bad record and sometimes their jobs because they thought they could handle it on their own.
For a lot of people, it is true that they can handle it on their own and request supervision with traffic school through the mail or online. But not every traffic ticket is created equal. Some traffic tickets are misdemeanors and some require court appearances. And the impact a traffic ticket has on an accountant is much different than the impact on a school bus driver.
And what if you are suspended or revoked? A good traffic lawyer can help you get your license back and clean up past issues that may be causing suspension, revocation, or denials of employment.
Hiring a traffic attorney might SAVE you money. If any of these situations apply to you, you may want a free consultation:
- Mutliple citations
- Have a prior court supervision on your record within the last 12 months
- Have a CDL
- Want to keep your record as clean as possible
- Work jobs that require a lot of driving
- Drive company vehicles, even if just on occasion
- Don’t want to have to take a day off from work to go to Court
- Were issued an insurance ticket but don’t have proof of insurance
- Are concerned about insurance costs in general
- Are suspended or received a letter from the Secretary of State telling you about a future suspension
- Are issued a citation that can cause a suspension of your driver’s license
Click above for my attempt at an answer.
Common tickets in Illinois
- Electronic communication device (cell phone ticket)
- Disregarding a stop sign
- Failure to reduce speed
- Speeding in a construction zone
- Improper passing an emergency vehicle (Scott’s law violation)
- Passing a school bus
- Speeding in a school zone
- Improper lane usage
- Failure to Yield
- Disregarding an official traffic control device
What kind of jobs may be impacted more?
- CDL license holder
- Bus driver or taxi driver
- Uber, Lyft, or DoorDash driver
- Postal worker or UPS driver
- Anybody who drivers a company vehicle
- People who travel frequently
- Non-Illinois licensed drivers
Hire an Experienced Illinois Traffic Lawyer
If you want to know if you need a traffic lawyer, a free consultation with The Nold Law Firm will put your mind at ease. And if you need to hire an attorney, I’ve handled hundreds of traffic tickets in Illinois and will protect your driver’s license.